Skype vs. WikiPro
Skype is a big company, WikiPro is the little potato.
If Skype is so big and so good, why would anyone do over with another solution?
Let me give you the answers.
Skype is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices etc. over the Internet. Skype also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit text, video, audio and images. Skype allows video conference calls.
Skype is widely popular because of it’s free. In March 2020, Skype was used by 100 million people on a monthly basis and by 40 million people on a daily basis.
However, Skype is mostly used by individual to individual communication. Or it is used by team communication within an organization.
Skype does not address the issues on business to customer communication.
Why? Here are the reasons that why Skype is not suitable for business to customer communication:
First, there is a boundary between business and personal. A business can have hundreds of customers. Most of customers may not have Skype, or hear about Skype.
Second, security. A business typically has team members. Skype account is personal and it can be logged in anywhere in any device. There is strict restriction on how certain information can not leave the office computer. With a login, the staff can access to the Skype information outside. This is a security risk.
Third, it is not easy to locate hundreds of customers. If a business has lots of the customers on the Skype account, it becomes a nightmare to organize all the communication topics. There is no easy way to navigate through the communication threads.
WikiPro addresses all the above issues. Here is how:
- WikiPro has business texting feature, which enables business communicating with customers using business landline number. There is no App to install for customers. Everyone has a mobile number and it is always on. No wonder texting is the #1 communication channel for all communication.
- WikiPro has batch customers import. With a click, thousands of customers can be imported to WikiPro.
- WikiPro has built in CRM module. The instant search of customer name and phone number allow quick chat with any customer within a few seconds.
- WikiPro has two step authentication. The business owner has the absolute control of staff member access. Staff member needs owner/admin access code to log in to the system.
- WikiPro has private comment feature. Make quicker decisions within in line discussions within customer messages.
Further, WikiPro has common features to support businesses such as: e-signature, file sharing, task management, appointment/calendar, online reviews (text to get Facebook/Google reviews, get 5 times more reviews) and payments (text to get paid, get paid 10 times faster). This is an all-in-one business to customer communication platform.
In summary, WikiPro is not here to take on Skype, but it is designed to help business communicate more effectively with the external customers.
If you are a small business owner, if you want to get 5 times more Google or Facebook reviews, if you want to get paid 10 times faster, you need to try WikiPro Business texting out. It takes one minute to sign up and no credit card required. Text us at 626–243–2796 for a free demo.
Originally published at https://www.wikipro.us on October 15, 2020.